Prescription Drug Disposal
DISPOSAL OF UNUSED MEDICATIONS PROPERLY (D.U.M.P.)
What do I do with unused medications?
To protect the environment and to avoid unused medications from getting in the wrong hands it is important to follow the proper steps when disposing of unused or expired prescription medication. DO NOT flush medications down a toilet or wash them down a drain. DO NOT toss medications in the trash. Medications found in trash bins or in your home often are stolen for wrongful use which could lead to drug abuse.
The following can help with safely disposing prescription drugs:
- Remove all personal information such as name, address or any personal information from packaging/container
- Deposit your unused medication into a drug disposal box at one of the locations listed below.
- Mark out your name, address and personal info that is in the medications.
- Never leave unused medication unattended where they could fall into the wrong hands.
- Always deposit medications in the Drug Disposal Box .
Only deposit unused medications such as Pills, Capsules, and Syrups into Drug Disposal Boxes – NO SYRINGES
Drug Disposal Box Locations
Medina County Sheriffs Office
555 Independence Dr
Medina, Ohio 44256
Spencer Police Department
109 N Main St
Spencer, Ohio 44275
Wadsworth City Hall
120 Maple St
Wadsworth, OH 44281